Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fritz and the Comeback by Gabirel Adams

As part of an initiative for Rickshaw Girl movie, I got introduced to Producer Eric J Adams. Recently in an email conversation knowing my passion for chess, he mentioned that his son Gabriel Adams produced a short film on a homeless chess master on his comeback to chess after 20 years. Gabriel actually arranged this man to play in this competitive tournament chess at Concord Open 2013 (if I remember correctly, I and my son Ahyan also played that same tournament) and made this film based on his comeback. While watching this you will get some food for thought on how a chess master thinks, be he/she a millionaire or a homeless, about life! I could feel his soul myself, his spoken and unspoken words. Thank you Gabriel for everything you did for Fritz, and thus indirectly, to all passionate chess lovers.




Fritz and the Comeback from Gabriel Adams on Vimeo.

I checked with the Director of Mechanics Chess Institute IM John Donaldson about Fritz. He is one of the most knowledgable chess historians of our time. He sent me 2 links where it was widely covered during that 2013 tournament time.




No comments: