Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ashik vs IM Elliott Charles Winslow, Tuesday Night Marathon, Winter 2014. Round 2

Today I got my first win in a serious chess tournament against an international master. I defeated International Master Elliott Charles Winslow in a long battle at second round of Tuesday Night Marathon, Winter 2014, Mechanics Chess Institute, San Francisco.


I lost to him in the last cycle of Tuesday Night Marathon (Fall 2013) by making an early sacrifice without proper preparation. This time also made a temporary sacrifice to expose his King early in the game. While the material ended up being equal, his one rook stuck in the corner making his position difficult to defend.

I see that IM John Donaldson gave 2 diagrams from this game in current issue of Mechanics Chess Newsletter.

No comments: