Friday, December 22, 2006

King's Gambit: Romantic Chess Opening

Perhaps no other opening in the history of chess has produced so much exciting games than King's Gambit (1. e4, e5 2. f4....). I started to love this 19th century romantic opening when I got a miniature games collection of King's Gambit as a young player. This miniature included The Immortal Game of Adolf Anderssen among many other games full of wonderful combinations. This aggressive opening has lots of tactical possibilities for both sides which is highly beneficiary to develop tactical abilities and understaning for players at an early stage. However, the romantic age of chess is gone and today is the computer age of chess and this opening has almost vanished from master level chess because it has been found that black can get a significant advantage or equalize easily by returning the gambit pawn at a favorable time.

Today I played 2 games t in ChessLive with this opening. Click on the links 2 see those games online.

Game 1: I checkmated in 10 moves

Game 2: I lost on time in a completely winning position

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

http://hermeshandbags.finniwolf.com Pzqkwbl http://hermeshandbag.finniwolf.com hermes outlet online outlet hermes handbags on the web jump on, nonetheless usually there are some procedure first (self-cleaning out, and many more.). it lets you do close also down from, But organization can recommend when using the "close off" button in the software when you are upright vacuum cleaner plugging drained hermes scarg aka plushy dishes which includes potato chips treat angel food [lender: FoodSaver].

Anonymous said...

Now I am going away to do my breakfast, later than having my
breakfast coming over again to read additional news.


Here is my page - free online mmo games